Foreign Workers Insurance Guarantee (FWIG)
This insurance is required by law. If you’re an employer of foreign workers (excluding domestic workers), Immigration Regulations expect you to take out an insurance guarantee that serves as a security deposit. This will cover any repatriation expenses incurred should the authorities need to send your workers back to their home country while in Malaysia.
Foreign Workers Hospitalization & Surgical Scheme (FWHS)
Since 1 January 2011, all foreign workers in Malaysia are required to be insured under this insurance scheme. For an annual premium of RM120, the policy will cover them annually for RM10,000. For hospitalisation and surgical costs in the event of accident or illness during their stay in Malaysia and allows insured foreign workers cashless admission into government hospitals.
- Daily hospital and room board of up to a maximum of 30 days
- Intensive care unit (ICU) of up to a maximum of 15 days
- Operating theatre fees
- Surgical fees
- Anesthetist fees
- In-hospital physician visits of up to a maximum of 30 days
- In-hospital specialist consultation visits of up to a maximum of 30 days
- Ambulance fees
- Medical report fees
Foreign Workers Compensation Scheme (FWCS)
The Foreign Workers Compensation Scheme (FWCS) protects the welfare and interests of foreign workers in Malaysia. The scheme pays the compensation benefits to a foreign worker with valid employment document for injuries sustained or death due to an accident arising out of or during his course of employment. Under Section 26 of the Workmen’s Compensation (Amendment) Act 1996, it is mandatory for Employers to insure all their foreign workers under the FWCS.
- Accidental death: RM25,000 (working hours) or RM23,000 (off working hours)
- Permanent disablement: Up to RM23,000 (working hours) or RM23,000 (off working hours)
- Temporary loss of income due to temporary disablement
- Hospitalisation & medical expenses: Up to RM750
- Repatriation due to death or permanent disablement: RM4,800
Domestic Maid Policy
This product will compensate you for bodily injury caused to your domestic helper by accidental means which injury shall solely and independently of any other cause result in disablement or necessitate medical and/or hospitalization and surgical treatment or in the event of death or disablement, to your maid or her nominated beneficiary or legal personal representative.
This policy covers:
- Personal Accident • Death/Permanent Disablement – RM30,000.00
- Medical Expenses – RM750 (Excess RM50.00)
- Ambulance Fee – RM100
- Repatriation Expenses up to RM5,000.00
- Hospitalization & Surgical Expenses up to RM5,000.00
- Weekly Benefits @ RM100.00 per week (maximum 10 weeks)
- Vicarious Liability (Third Party Liability) – RM5,000
- Duration of cover is for: 12 months / 24 months